Old 12-03-2006, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default Finding organic seed companies?

"FableEvilAssassinThief" wrote
in
message ups.com
In the Seeds of Change catalog that I have it says there seeds
are
100% open-pollinated, 100% GMO-free, and 100% USDA Certified
Organically Grown in accordance with National Organic Standards
and
meet or exceed Federal germination requirements. They also show
the
latin name by each of the seeds they sell. It's in the catalog,
on
their website and on the seed packets I got from them.

Does anyone know of any other company that also sells seeds
like
this? I don't buy seeds from a company unless it is 100% of
each of
the above.

I have seen several organic and open-polinated seed companies,
but
none so far have had the latin name for the seeds listed. This
part
is important to me because I want to make sure I know exactly
what
is being planted and so that I don't put related crops too
close
together. Another reason is that I try to use crop rotation in
my
garden, which is hard to do correctly if you don't know the
exact
species you are planting.

I know you are probably a troll but anyway. If the seeds were
open pollinated how in the heck would you know what you are
getting?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5