Old 13-03-2006, 03:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
dingodog42

Default questions on lawn edgers, help?

I just bought a four wheel lawn edger on Ebay. The lady did not send
manual with edger. She had to drain oil from crank case in order to
send to me, therefore no oil in case. My questions is do I put
straight 2 cyc oil in or do I mix oil with gasoline 32:1 and then put
in crank case? I want to be sure so I don't mess up my edger so anyone
out there who can help answer the question would be much appreciated.
And if you have any other important information I should have about my
edger please let me know. Thanks, clueless in Florida.

Old 13-03-2006, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:01:34 -0800, dingodog42 wrote:

I just bought a four wheel lawn edger on Ebay. The lady did not send
manual with edger. She had to drain oil from crank case in order to send
to me, therefore no oil in case. My questions is do I put straight 2 cyc
oil in or do I mix oil with gasoline 32:1 and then put in crank case? I
want to be sure so I don't mess up my edger so anyone out there who can
help answer the question would be much appreciated. And if you have any
other important information I should have about my edger please let me
know. Thanks, clueless in Florida.

Good day,
If there is a place for oil to go, then it is most likely a 4 stroke
engine. The oil you will need to use would be a W30 motor oil that you get
from the auto store. I have a McClane edger and that's what I use in it.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info
Old 13-03-2006, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

also, go online to manufacturer, most likely they will have a pdf file with the
manual in it. Ingrid

Timothy wrote:

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:01:34 -0800, dingodog42 wrote:

I just bought a four wheel lawn edger on Ebay. The lady did not send
manual with edger. She had to drain oil from crank case in order to send
to me, therefore no oil in case. My questions is do I put straight 2 cyc
oil in or do I mix oil with gasoline 32:1 and then put in crank case? I
want to be sure so I don't mess up my edger so anyone out there who can
help answer the question would be much appreciated. And if you have any
other important information I should have about my edger please let me
know. Thanks, clueless in Florida.

Good day,
If there is a place for oil to go, then it is most likely a 4 stroke
engine. The oil you will need to use would be a W30 motor oil that you get
from the auto store. I have a McClane edger and that's what I use in it.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Old 13-03-2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Don't guess. Get a manual and follow the recommendations if you want
your new edger to last. Not in any of the manuals, but I like to
change the oil two times during the break-in period.

wrote:

I just bought a four wheel lawn edger on Ebay. The lady did not send
manual with edger. She had to drain oil from crank case in order to
send to me, therefore no oil in case. My questions is do I put
straight 2 cyc oil in or do I mix oil with gasoline 32:1 and then put
in crank case? I want to be sure so I don't mess up my edger so anyone
out there who can help answer the question would be much appreciated.
And if you have any other important information I should have about my
edger please let me know. Thanks, clueless in Florida.

[IMG] code is On

FS: Mowers, edgers, yard blower Radius Texas 0 21-04-2004 04:07 AM
Atom lawn edgers John yahl Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Gas Edgers: experiences w/stick and walk-behind types johannmon Gardening 3 31-03-2003 12:56 AM
Atom lawn edgers John yahl Australia 2 16-03-2003 01:20 AM