GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   elephant ears (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/14048-elephant-ears.html)

TakeThisOut 07-04-2003 02:20 AM

elephant ears

Well, I potted them up and watered them well, and kept them indoors in a 70 -
80 degree enviroment about 3 weeks ago. Nada. Zilch... the bulbs were the size
of small cantelopes... how long should these things take?!

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
TAKETHISOUT budysbackagain(@)THAT TOO a-oh-ell dot com

jammer 07-04-2003 04:56 AM

elephant ears

On 07 Apr 2003 01:04:57 GMT,
(TakeThisOut) wrote:

Well, I potted them up and watered them well, and kept them indoors in a 70 -
80 degree enviroment about 3 weeks ago. Nada. Zilch... the bulbs were the size
of small cantelopes... how long should these things take?!

Depends, 4-5 weeks? That is about what mine did.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
TAKETHISOUT budysbackagain(@)THAT TOO a-oh-ell dot com

Cathy 07-04-2003 01:32 PM

elephant ears

When I plant them in the ground in mimd May, I usually see growth by
late June.

--
.... __~o
.. \ -\,

te amo mucho mi amor

Maryanne 07-04-2003 06:20 PM

elephant ears

Don't give up - they may take a whole year - I waited with an Amazon Lily
bulb - for twelve months & suddenly it sprang out of the ground! Made only
leaves but possibly next year it will make flowers a well!