GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT - Homeland Defense - OT (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/1410-ot-homeland-defense-ot.html)

TOM KAN PA 15-02-2003 11:27 PM

OT - Homeland Defense - OT

Why are Americans who have been forced to fork over hundreds of billions of
dollars for tanks, missiles and other high-tech weaponry now being told to
defend themselves with duct tape and plastic sheets?

paghat 16-02-2003 12:51 AM

OT - Homeland Defense - OT

In article ,
c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Why are Americans who have been forced to fork over hundreds of billions of
dollars for tanks, missiles and other high-tech weaponry now being told to
defend themselves with duct tape and plastic sheets?

Remember when we were told that in case of nuclear attack, we should dig a
hole, climb in the hole, place a heavy door over the hole, then shovel
dirt over the door (magically while in the hole)? There's no end to how
ridiculous their instructions can get when the government is headed up by
warmongering loonies who've never really thought any of it through.

-paghat

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/

Cdonahey41 16-02-2003 04:15 PM

OT - Homeland Defense - OT

On Rush Limbaugh, I heard this really goofy discussion. It wasn't even Rush's
voice, but somebody else, not as recognizable. Rush came on afterwards, that is
how I connected the two. I listened fascinated as the speaker spoke of what
the long range implications would have been if an assassination attempt had
made on President Carter in Brazil. Then, the speaker said if President Carter
had a presidential son (nicknamed Mr. Peanut of all things), that son would be
more or less obligated to go to war with Brazil to avenge his father's honor.
I get very few channels on my truck radio, so on day trips, I often end up
listening to Russ speak from his script (commentary and commercials blending
into one), but this was truly different. Maybe it was a paid informocial or
something.
Other things were said that are probably being translated to the strangest
corners of the world as part of American foreign policy. For all I know, they
are.

Cdonahey41 17-02-2003 04:40 PM

OT - Homeland Defense - OT

I don't hold anything personal against the man. He is as much a media creature
as Little Kimmie and P. Didddly (somebody should introduce those two). And at
least, I can spell his name.

John Bachman 19-02-2003 11:27 AM

OT - Homeland Defense - OT

On 16 Feb 2003 16:03:06 GMT, (Cdonahey41) wrote:

On Rush Limbaugh, I heard this really goofy discussion. It wasn't even Rush's
voice, but somebody else, not as recognizable. Rush came on afterwards, that is
how I connected the two. I listened fascinated as the speaker spoke of what
the long range implications would have been if an assassination attempt had
made on President Carter in Brazil.

The attempted assassination of a country's leader has often led to
war. In this case President Clinton chose to lob a few cruise
missiles into downtown Baghdad. There is good question as to whether
that weak response encouraged Saddam to greater evils. It was also
viewed as weakness by other terrorist leaders such as Osama bin Laden.
We will never know the real results but weakness often leads to war.

John