GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Farmers Markets? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/14127-farmers-markets.html)

Darby Wiggins 07-04-2003 08:08 PM

Farmers Markets?

I know this is a bit off topic, but I've found a listing of Farmers
Markets in the N. VA area and I'm looking to find some folks, perhaps on
a ng who are familiar with them or can recommend a great place to shop
for fresh veggies and fruits.

Its a bit early i know, but I'd like to get an idea of what markets are
worth the drive and who to skip.

Also, any info on how to properly store fresh fruits/veggies in the
fridge and freezer would be helpful. (I didn't grow up with fresh food
so I never learned and its only recently that I have gotten into eating
more healthy and none of my cookbooks talk much about fresh fuit/veggie
storage in the fridge or in the freezer for winter goodies)

Any suggestions or pointers to some places would be great

Thanks
Darby