GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First real sign of spring (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/141431-first-real-sign-spring.html)

Cheryl Isaak 22-03-2006 06:46 PM

First real sign of spring

The lawn care companies are out!

Cheryl

Mark Anderson 22-03-2006 10:13 PM

First real sign of spring

In article says...
The lawn care companies are out!

LOL. They just came by today and "mowed" my neighbor's parkway. Well,
they ran the mowers over brown grass that hadn't grown at all. I'm sure
they got paid though.

Bill R 22-03-2006 10:19 PM

First real sign of spring

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

The lawn care companies are out!

Cheryl

Yeah. They were going door to door here on Sunday morning. Told them
what they could do with their harmful chemicals.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening Since 1969

Tony Miklos 23-03-2006 04:26 AM

First real sign of spring

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
The lawn care companies are out!

LOL! An old friend of mine got a job spraying lawns with that crap.
They taught her that all a lawn needs is nitrogen for the grass and
poison for the weeds.

Tony

Cheryl Isaak 23-03-2006 11:53 AM

First real sign of spring

On 3/22/06 11:26 PM, in article , "Tony
Miklos" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
The lawn care companies are out!

LOL! An old friend of mine got a job spraying lawns with that crap.
They taught her that all a lawn needs is nitrogen for the grass and
poison for the weeds.

Tony

I couldn't believe my eyes or ears - it is 25 F on March 21 at 9 AM and the
lawn care guy was riding around spreading ???? (no doubt some pre-emergent).
At least he wasn't in a t-shirt!

Cheryl