GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bronze birch borer and Betula Jacquemontii in Northern California (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/141506-bronze-birch-borer-betula-jacquemontii-northern-california.html)

[email protected] 25-03-2006 01:32 AM

Bronze birch borer and Betula Jacquemontii in Northern California

I'm thinking about getting a Betula jacquemontii - White-barked
Himalayan Birch for my front garden. I have heard that Jacquemontii
birches can be quite suseptible to damage from the Bronze birch borer.
Are Bronze birch borer's common in the SF Bay Area (Millbrae, CA)?

Thanks,

alfonso

[email protected] 26-03-2006 08:27 PM

Bronze birch borer and Betula Jacquemontii in Northern California

About a page or two down in this document is some very good BB Borer
info.
Here is the link-
http://www.unce.unr.edu/western/NHCnewsletters/2000-2002/Fall%202001.pdf#search='bronze%20birch%20borer%20c alifornia'