GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Crepe myrtle trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/141507-crepe-myrtle-trees.html)

AndyS 25-03-2006 01:58 AM

Crepe myrtle trees

Andy asks:

Dpes anyone have a method for taking sprigs off a crepe
mryrle trees and sticking them in the ground and getting
new trees to grow from the sprigs ?

Thanks,

Andy

AndyS 25-03-2006 04:06 PM

Crepe myrtle trees

Andy replies:

Thanks Hal. I was wondering where to cut the sprig, how long should
it be, how far to stick it in the soil, any pre-soaking required ---
stuff like that.

Andy

Frank 25-03-2006 06:49 PM

Crepe myrtle trees

Easy to google up:
http://www.ag.auburn.edu/hort/landsc...apemyrtle2.htm
Now I think I'll do my neighbors which borders on my lot ;)
Frank

AndyS 25-03-2006 07:07 PM

Crepe myrtle trees

Andy writes:
Thanks Frank, that website told me exactly what I needed to know,
I think.... I'll give it a shot this summer........

Andy in Eureka

( If you have at least three spare chains in the garage for
your chainsaw, you might live in Eureka, Texas )