Old 08-04-2006, 11:54 PM posted to rec.gardens,sci.med.nutrition
Mr. Natural-Health

Default How to get rid of the wax on apples?

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Mr. Natural-Health" wrote in
message oups.com...
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Mr. Natural-Health" wrote in
message ups.com...

And, this issue is on the bottom of the list of issues that I am
interested in writing about.

Good! Your digested wax theory is worthy of no further attention.

And, your paranoida about a NON-issue called wax on apples is worthy of
no further attention on my part.

Prove to me, that the wax added to apples raises any more health issues
than the pesticides apple trees naturally produce to fight off pests
the natural way.

You guys are simply morons.

Just thought that you might want to know.

I didn't claim there was a problem with the wax. Without it, we would not
have decent apples 3-6 months after the harvest. I take issue with your
claim that pesticides magically adhere to the wax and are flushed harmlessly
out of your body. That's simply ridiculous. Furthermore, even if it were
true, it would do nothing with regard to systemic pesticides. I'm sure you
know what those are, right?

Perhaps, if you were to concentrate?

Try talking to the wall. You might get a better response. I have no
intentions of continuing to talk to a self-admitted arse, like you.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:23 AM posted to rec.gardens,sci.med.nutrition
Doug Kanter

"Mr. Natural-Health" wrote in
message oups.com...
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Mr. Natural-Health" wrote in
message oups.com...
Doug Kanter wrote:
[...]

Translation: In the face of facts, you have no option but to descend to
insulting people. There are clones like you all over the newsgroups.
Fortunately, this game is really easy.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 AM posted to rec.gardens,sci.med.nutrition
sherwindu

I don't understand all this discussion about commercially grown apples. I
thought this was a gardening forum for people who want to grow their own stuff.

Sherwin D.

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Mr. Natural-Health" wrote in
message oups.com...
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Mr. Natural-Health" wrote in
message oups.com...

Old 09-04-2006, 03:19 PM posted to rec.gardens,sci.med.nutrition
Mr. Natural-Health

sherwindu wrote:

I don't understand all this discussion about commercially grown apples. I
thought this was a gardening forum for people who want to grow their own stuff.

Sherwin D.

Well thanks to cross-posting, this thread is also in sci.med.nutrition.

Apparently, it was started by someone paranoid about wax on
commercially grown apples. There is absolutely nothing unhealthy about
eating a commercially grown apple from the USA.

All apples naturally have wax on them.

Historically, just one person died around 1920 from pesticide
contamination. Since then commercially grown apples have been washed
in order to remove all contact contamination from pesticides on the
skin of apples. A safe wax made from palm trees is then added in order
to replace the natural wax that was washed off during the cleaning
process.

If anything the wax on apples documents that it is perfectly safe and
healthy to eat. And, when properly handled this wax does NOT turn
white. White spots on apples, documents that those apples wont stored
properly. A fact that you would think that health conscience
individuals would want to know about. Why would anybody want to buy
white spotted apples, any more than a bunch of dark green bananas?

As usual, a bunch of trolls have tried to turn a non-issue into an
issue.
John Gohde,
Achieving good Nutrition is an Art, NOT a Science!

The nutrition of eating a healthy diet is a biological factor of the
mind-body connection. Now, weighing in at 18 web pages, the
Nutrition of a Healthy Diet is with more documentation and
sharper terminology than ever before.
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/food/

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Mr. Natural-Health" wrote in