GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Peat Moss (Help!) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/141708-re-peat-moss-help.html)

Not@home 30-03-2006 08:52 PM

Peat Moss (Help!)

Is this just to add organic matter to your soil? I ask because you can
do the same thing with humus, the product of composted leaves, and many
counties or communities in my part of Ohio have a composting program,
and will sell or deliver humus in larger quantities. I ordered five
yards once; I wish I had ordered two, but I didn't realize how big a
cubic yard was, plus they were very generous in their measurement. They
will sell screened humus at a higher price; I think its worth it, unless
you need some old shoes and a few boards.

Chuckie wrote:
Okay I need peat moss but the only quanity avalible is 3.8 ft bails.
I live in ohio as many of you know and I would like to find a place
that will sell me a greater quanity. Also a place that I can buy from
that will not break my buget.
I found one place but I would have thousands of dollars in it and that
is not what I can do.
I have checked the places that sell soil and they do not carry that
much peat moss.
If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.
I am looking to get a yard or two not much more than that