GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   john adamson (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/141858-john-adamson.html)

john adamson 02-04-2006 05:15 PM

john adamson

I have a compost bin at the back of the garden shed.
For a long time now there has been a tunnel being made through the compost about 4 inches in diameter. I now have a nest inside the shed about two feet by one foot by one foot, I would like to know what is making the nest, is it a rat or a hedgehog .. If it is a hedgehog it should be in hibernation but the nest is still being replenished with cabbage leaves etc.
I am reluctant to disturb it in case it is a hedgehog in hibernation.
Any sugestions.
John Adamson