GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Container Gardens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/141879-container-gardens.html)

Madcat 03-04-2006 02:25 AM

Container Gardens

I have an old step from my deck that we replace with two new steps. I
am thinking this might be a good container garden for our deck (Our
yard makes a postage stamp look big also it's on an incline) the box is
6" D X 8" W X 56"L. The length is split by a divider so it's actually 2
28" sections. I was going to line the sections with a plastic to hold
in the soil and put 2-3 tomatoe plants on 1 side and the same number of
pepper plants on the other side.

I am looking for opinions and suggestions on whether this is a workable
plan

Ray

permafrog 03-04-2006 12:46 PM

Container Gardens

How much sunlight does this spot receive? Both tomatoes and green
peppers are sun lovers.

Bob

Madcat 03-04-2006 03:02 PM

Container Gardens

The spot gets a fair amount of sun. Also I can move the container to
another spot on the deck if need be

AndyS 03-04-2006 09:59 PM

Container Gardens

Andy asks:

How do you plan to provide for drainage ? Perhaps poking
some holes in the plastic liner would work...

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Madcat 07-04-2006 03:34 PM

Container Gardens

The Container is a nold step. It has a 1/8" Channel Running the length.
Hopefully Putting some hole along the channel should allow for drainage