GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any ideas for how to use this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/142021-any-ideas-how-use.html)

ghb624 06-04-2006 03:44 AM

Any ideas for how to use this?

I have this large jar, about 2-gal. capacity I would guess and have
been wondering if it's intended for use as a container for growing
things. It has one hole in one of the sides, about a half inch in
diameter and about 2 inches up from the bottom. I'll attach a link to
a photo of it. If anyone has suggestions about possible uses for such
a container, it would be appreciated.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7350/jar2xq.jpg

bigjon 06-04-2006 11:06 AM

Any ideas for how to use this?

On 5 Apr 2006 19:44:51 -0700, ghb624 wrote:

I have this large jar, about 2-gal. capacity I would guess and have
been wondering if it's intended for use as a container for growing
things. It has one hole in one of the sides, about a half inch in
diameter and about 2 inches up from the bottom. I'll attach a link to
a photo of it. If anyone has suggestions about possible uses for such
a container, it would be appreciated.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7350/jar2xq.jpg

I would suggest it was once a table lamp with a bottle garden (ferns and
stuff) in it....