GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leaning leyland (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/142343-leaning-leyland.html)

The Other Mike 13-04-2006 02:21 PM

Leaning leyland

I have about a 14 foot leyland in my yard that was planted about 2
years ago. The way the houses are set up, it's like a wind tunnel
where the tree resides. We noticed that the leyland is starting to
lean in the direction the wind blows and aren't sure what to do about
it. Should we use some wire and a stake and try to straighten it out?
Will this hurt more then help the tree since it's so big? Or will it
eventually straighten itself out as it ages?