GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Neem Oil Use (insecticide) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/142590-neem-oil-use-insecticide.html)

Poppy Pete 18-04-2006 08:16 AM

Neem Oil Use (insecticide)

Does any one know the ratio to dilute neem oil for use as an insecticide? I have recently purchased 50ml of pure neem oil and it is a thick yellow solution.

Also, how do I use neem oil? Do I simply mix the 50ml bottle in warm water, stir, and apply liberally once to the soil? Or should I apply the neem oil over a period of time such as once a day for a week?

Thanks,

PP

Poppy Pete 18-04-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy Pete
Does any one know the ratio to dilute neem oil for use as an insecticide? I have recently purchased 50ml of pure neem oil and it is a thick yellow solution.

Also, how do I use neem oil? Do I simply mix the 50ml bottle in warm water, stir, and apply liberally once to the soil? Or should I apply the neem oil over a period of time such as once a day for a week?

Thanks,

PP

I have recently read on another website that 1 tea spoon per US Quart is good for a spray mixture. That is 5ml per 1 pint of water.

I had searched the forums with out success for finding the answer so perhaps this will help.