Old 16-02-2003, 03:15 PM
steve l

Default Regarding all of these OT posts

I am really getting sick of starting my rec GARDENS reading marking all the
OT posts as read and or adding a new rule! Please use the newsgroups for
what they are for in this case GARDENS!!
Just my .02

Old 16-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Madgardener

"steve l" wrote in
:

I am really getting sick of starting my rec GARDENS reading marking
all the OT posts as read and or adding a new rule! Please use the
newsgroups for what they are for in this case GARDENS!!
Just my .02

so Steve, you're really getting sick of beginning your wreck gardens
reading by marking all the off topic posts as read, or adding a new
rule............. how do you know you don't like what the off topic
is about? How do you know you're not missing a tangient thread that
slips back onto the garden path somewhere down the way? And why are
you feel so threatened by those of us who want to talk to other
gardeners about something other than gardening, when it's so muddy
outside, or there's so much snow that we can't go out. Don't you get
tired of the 6 year old who watches the one favorite video over and
over and over?

By ASSUMING that EVERY OFF TOPIC post is not worthy of your even
reading or scanning before making it read, you are showing yourself
to be in a one track mind set.

I adore gardening, but there are those that might split hairs and say
that my garden fairies have nothing to do with gardening. Or that
talking about Rose of my other feline members has nothing to do with
gardening, or sharing a joke has nothing to do with gardening. If I
ONLY lived for the gardening moments, my life would be dull and empty
in no time.

Squire said it to me the other night and it was an ephipany to me...I
was having an emotional day, and said how I wished our recent
problems with everything that's been clinging to us these past weeks
would stop. And he said that if we didn't have all these problems,
life would be very boring and dull, that it keeps us on our toes and
makes the good times that much better.

And like I always used to say to my friend in the school cafeteria
kitchen when she got after me for talking about EVERYTHING and all my
problems........."honey, it gives them something to talk about!" G

Lighten up, Steve. Right now we're in that gray time of almost time
for spring bulbs to start pushing the soil out of the way to reveal
who returned this year, we're on the verge of war and life as we know
it is about to change, there are some of us who are facing hardships
that only they know, and to some they share them with (without airing
too much on this ng, btw), we're dealing with life. That encompasses
EVERYTHING. The messes, the dirty diapers or children or elderly
parents, the flowers, the war, facing the loss of a job after 29
years, it's all here. If you don't want to read it, then don't. But
don't kavetch to us that you don't want to read it.

You sound like my son who whinned that he didn't want to eat the
brussels sprouts. I told him it was small cabbages, and he liked
cabbages, but he could cut one in half, try it and if it was too
bitter for his taste, then he'd come to like them later on when he
got older. Quit whinning, and stick with us thru the OT posts. You
might be given a laugh, or a tear, or some good information about the
rest of us you never knew. People who aren't willing to listen to
everything don't always hear the important things that are said.

And that's MY opinion.
madgardener up on the flooded, rain soaked ridge, back in fairy
holler, overlooking a cloud enshouded English Mountain in EAstern
Tennessee zone 6b (where I can see more crocus popping out of the
western raised bed)

Old 16-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Cereoid+10

You tell them, Buckwheat!!

I bet your tough talk has really got them quaking in their boots!!

Are you proposing to bitch slap the offenders at high noon?

You can't even get stale penny candy for two cents worth anymore!

Old 17-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Cdonahey41

Try making a bog garden with layered dirty diapers and newspaper up about half
way. It sounds like you have diapers around. Some of the disposables have that
polymer in them and they are lots cheaper than Soil Moist. Make sure the
container is water tight. Then add layers of leaves and compost. You can
start the bottom half going right now, if you like. Purple swamp iris,
forgetmenots, an endless number of things to grow that way.
Old 18-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Ann

Callen Molenda expounded:

Ha! Squire should talk to my hubby. As we were finishing digging out
the 100+ feet of driveway so we could get to the horses and dig out the
200+ driveway to their stable

Digging out? My driveway is bad enough at 129', I would still be
buried without my John Deere! The only shoveling is around the
vehicles, just enough to move them, and then blow, blow, blow!

Seriously, consider a good snowblower.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA