GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daphne Odora- diagnosis, please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/14284-daphne-odora-diagnosis-please.html)

skg 08-04-2003 10:44 PM

Daphne Odora- diagnosis, please

Hello there!
I'm a proud owner of a somewhat large Daphne Odora which is beginning to
look sickly. The details are these:

Planted in amended clay soil in USDA zone 8
Morning sun, afternoon shade
Good drainage
About 7 years old

It grew well for the first years, and is now about 2.5 feet high with a
circumference of about 4 feet. Last fall, the leaves began to yellow.
It's blooming well this spring, but the leaves have lost almost all signs of
green and there's very little sign of new growth. I don't see any sign of
sucking parasites.

Can anyone help my poor Daphne?

thanks in advance, skg

IntarsiaCo 11-04-2003 11:32 AM

Daphne Odora- diagnosis, please

Can anyone help my poor Daphne?

They are very sensitive to Phytophthora cinnamonea and related fungi.
Phytophthora likes high organic fertile soils and wet conditions, and grows
better at certain pH levels and temperatures Subdue is the primary fungicidal
control.

Bill Ranseen 14-04-2003 07:08 AM

Daphne Odora- diagnosis, please

Daphne has a reputation for requiring porous soil and perfect drainage.