GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A problem with Pin Oak Tree galls... Help!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/14287-problem-pin-oak-tree-galls-help.html)

ABC 08-04-2003 10:56 PM

A problem with Pin Oak Tree galls... Help!!

We have a ten year old Pin Oak tree which appears healthy, however, most all
of the branches have round, almost golf-ball size galls. What is causing
this and is there anything we can do?

We live near Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada - hot, humid summers, freezing
cold winters.

Thanks,
Rachel.

If you wish to contact me directly: macs8000 at hotmail dot com

Tom Jaszewski 09-04-2003 12:56 AM

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:41:02 -0400, ABC wrote:

We have a ten year old Pin Oak tree which appears healthy, however, most all
of the branches have round, almost golf-ball size galls.

http://ag.udel.edu/extension/information/hyg/hyg-03.htm

"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson