GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ryobi Edger Attachment Stops Turning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/142962-ryobi-edger-attachment-stops-turning.html)

mike 24-04-2006 11:32 PM

Ryobi Edger Attachment Stops Turning

I have a Ryobi gas motor with various attachments like the edger, weed
eater, and tiller.

This past week-end while edging the blade stopped turning while the
engine continued to operate.

I checked the coupler and it looks like either the edger male shaft or
the motor female receiving coupler shaft is rounded.

The weedeater just spins as well so I am thinking that the female part
is rounded.

Has anyone had this experience before? Do I just throw all this away or
can the female coupler be repaired? Can I repair it myself?

Any help is appreciated.

Mike