Old 24-04-2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
mike

Default Ryobi Edger Attachment Stops Turning

I have a Ryobi gas motor with various attachments like the edger, weed
eater, and tiller.

This past week-end while edging the blade stopped turning while the
engine continued to operate.

I checked the coupler and it looks like either the edger male shaft or
the motor female receiving coupler shaft is rounded.

The weedeater just spins as well so I am thinking that the female part
is rounded.

Has anyone had this experience before? Do I just throw all this away or
can the female coupler be repaired? Can I repair it myself?

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

[IMG] code is On

my RYOBI edger: Where is the spark plug located? [email protected] Lawns 1 04-05-2008 01:04 AM
Edging revisited... true edger vs. attachment edger [email protected] Lawns 11 18-06-2006 01:40 PM
What is the term for "stops putting out new growth in certain spots" JJ Gardening 0 05-05-2004 04:02 PM
the rain never stops Punch Lawns 2 12-06-2003 09:20 AM
Sprinkler system is making loud noise and stops for few seconds Bharat Texas 2 12-05-2003 10:08 PM