GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Storing tulip bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143070-storing-tulip-bulbs.html)

higgledy 26-04-2006 07:49 PM

Storing tulip bulbs

There is a bed in my yard with tulips. I want to lift them and plant
elsewhere. After the green foliage browns, can I just dig the bulbs up
and replant immediately or do I need to dry the bulbs before replanting?

Doug Kanter 26-04-2006 08:54 PM

Storing tulip bulbs

"higgledy" wrote in message
oups.com...
There is a bed in my yard with tulips. I want to lift them and plant
elsewhere. After the green foliage browns, can I just dig the bulbs up
and replant immediately or do I need to dry the bulbs before replanting?

Your subject line says "storing", but your paragraph suggests that you're
actually moving them from one flower bed to another. If that's the case,
there's no need to dry them.

[email protected] 27-04-2006 12:40 AM

Storing tulip bulbs

higgledy 27-04-2006 03:24 AM

Storing tulip bulbs

I see the inconsistancy. Is it better to store them or replant
immediatly? Why would anyone store tulip bulbs?

[email protected] 27-04-2006 03:49 PM

Storing tulip bulbs

I had to because i ran out of time last fall. I had to store them in my
fridge,I live in canada in zone 5b. I planted them in containers early
spring...and they are coming up just fine...just not as tall but they
are nice.