GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chinese Pistache (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143113-chinese-pistache.html)

Richard Miller 27-04-2006 05:04 PM

Chinese Pistache

I want to put up a privacy head or a THICK tree line. It's about 100 feet on
each side and about 30 feet on each edge making about 260 of tree line. I
don't want a $500 water bill each month, so I think that the Chinese
Pistache tree might be the way to go and if so how close can I plant them
apart?

Richard

Carl 1 Lucky Texan 27-04-2006 10:40 PM

Chinese Pistache

Richard Miller wrote:

I want to put up a privacy head or a THICK tree line. It's about 100 feet on
each side and about 30 feet on each edge making about 260 of tree line. I
don't want a $500 water bill each month, so I think that the Chinese
Pistache tree might be the way to go and if so how close can I plant them
apart?

Richard

crepe myrtles might be better

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Treedweller 28-04-2006 04:06 PM

Chinese Pistache

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:04:50 -0700, "Richard Miller"
wrote:

I want to put up a privacy head or a THICK tree line. It's about 100 feet on
each side and about 30 feet on each edge making about 260 of tree line. I
don't want a $500 water bill each month, so I think that the Chinese
Pistache tree might be the way to go and if so how close can I plant them
apart?

Richard

After years of recommending these trees, the City of Austin recently
added them to a list of invasives to avoid. YMMV, but you might want
to call your extension agent for the best plants in your area.