GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When to cut kale? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143182-when-cut-kale.html)

Trent-Lion 28-04-2006 10:58 PM

When to cut kale?

North Florida. I planted some small kale plants. Although all were
called kale, they have two or three different looks to them. How large
should I let plants grow before I cut and cook kale? Once I cut, will
plant keep growing? Thx. T-L

Doug Kanter 28-04-2006 11:27 PM

When to cut kale?

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
North Florida. I planted some small kale plants. Although all were
called kale, they have two or three different looks to them. How large
should I let plants grow before I cut and cook kale? Once I cut, will
plant keep growing? Thx. T-L

It will keep growing, although it tastes better when it matures in cooler
weather. Pick the outer leaves ONLY, leaving more to grow from the center.

David Hare-Scott 29-04-2006 06:39 AM

When to cut kale?

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
North Florida. I planted some small kale plants. Although all were
called kale, they have two or three different looks to them.

There are several cultivars, green, grey etc, sometimes they are sold as a
mix.

How large
should I let plants grow before I cut and cook kale?

Until there are younger replacement leaves available for the ones you cut.

Once I cut, will
plant keep growing? Thx. T-L

Yes

David