GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Small white bell flower ID? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143274-small-white-bell-flower-id.html)

Ron Hardin 01-05-2006 12:23 AM

Small white bell flower ID?

What's this roadside flower?
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w40.jpg

Not in my wildflower book, that I can find. Maybe an escaped
garden flower?

--
Ron Hardin

Pennyaline 01-05-2006 01:02 AM

Small white bell flower ID?

Ron Hardin wrote:
What's this roadside flower?
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w40.jpg

Not in my wildflower book, that I can find. Maybe an escaped
garden flower?

Lily of the valley, a lovely flower and ruthless naturalizer.

Powerless Agronomist 01-05-2006 01:25 AM

Small white bell flower ID?

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
What's this roadside flower?
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w40.jpg

Not in my wildflower book, that I can find. Maybe an escaped
garden flower?

--
Ron Hardin

Convallaria majalis - latin name, Balkan location - widely spread and people
love to have the in their gardens, in old ages poison for arrows as I heard,
i modern medicine as cure of some heart diseases. Poisonous.

axemanchris 31-05-2006 12:39 AM

Small white bell flower ID?

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
What's this roadside flower?
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w40.jpg

Not in my wildflower book, that I can find. Maybe an escaped
garden flower?

--
Ron Hardin

Lily of the Valley