GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143284-re-why-dont-kids-do-chores-anymore.html)

David Hare-Scott 01-05-2006 06:50 AM

Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

"fgoodwin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

They do round here

David

David Hare-Scott 02-05-2006 09:04 AM

Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

"fgoodwin" wrote in message
oups.com...
David Hare-Scott wrote:
"fgoodwin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

They do round here

There are kids in your neighborhood who still offer to mow yards?

Well not often for other families but that's because the properties are
somewhat sparse and "yards" here are rather big and generally daddies (or
mummies) mow them with a tractor. However kids do things like water
gardens, gather manure for same, feed animals etc - usually at their own
place - they do baby sit for neighbours (for pay) however.

Before moving here when we lived in the suburbs with our own kids they did
chores for their pocket money at home and baby sitting etc for neighbours.
We didn't have a mower (no lawn) so I wasn't too keen on them learning not
to cut off extremities on a neighbour's machine even if they wanted to.

David