GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bouganvilla that looks like a bleeding heart-searching for plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143344-bouganvilla-looks-like-bleeding-heart-searching-plant.html)

Eli 02-05-2006 12:41 AM

Bouganvilla that looks like a bleeding heart-searching for plant

Over the week we went to a gardens where they had an indoor plant whose
leaves looked like a Bouganvilla, but the flowers were white with red
pieces hanging off of it. It reminded me of a bleeding heart, but that
definitely was not the plant. Any ides on what this might be? Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.

Carl 1 Lucky Texan 02-05-2006 03:57 AM

Eli wrote:

Over the week we went to a gardens where they had an indoor plant whose
leaves looked like a Bouganvilla, but the flowers were white with red
pieces hanging off of it. It reminded me of a bleeding heart, but that
definitely was not the plant. Any ides on what this might be? Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.

I've seen a picture of that plant, I think at the www.kartuz website,
but I just can't recall the name of it!

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

betsyb 02-05-2006 08:38 PM

Bouganvilla that looks like a bleeding heart-searching for plant

"Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
Over the week we went to a gardens where they had an indoor plant whose
leaves looked like a Bouganvilla, but the flowers were white with red
pieces hanging off of it. It reminded me of a bleeding heart, but that
definitely was not the plant. Any ides on what this might be? Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.

Look here and maybe this is what you mean?

http://www.pbase.com/patsfuchias/fuchsia

Carl 1 Lucky Texan 05-05-2006 05:25 AM

Eli wrote:

Over the week we went to a gardens where they had an indoor plant whose
leaves looked like a Bouganvilla, but the flowers were white with red
pieces hanging off of it. It reminded me of a bleeding heart, but that
definitely was not the plant. Any ides on what this might be? Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe Clerodendrum?
http://www.kartuz.com/pc/67460//Cler...homsoniae.html

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Eli 08-05-2006 08:08 PM

Bouganvilla that looks like a bleeding heart-searching for plant

Thank you!!!! That is it!!!

Eli