GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   website feedback (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143448-website-feedback.html)

riverbirch 03-05-2006 08:50 PM

website feedback

Hi All,

I'm own a landscape business and I spent a portion of my winter
creating a gardening resource website ( http://www.gardenlistings.com )
and I'd love some feedback. The site consists mostly original articles
and guides that I've put together.

Thanks,
Tim
http://www.gardenlistings.com

David E. Ross 13-05-2006 03:44 PM

website feedback

riverbirch wrote:
Hi All,

I'm own a landscape business and I spent a portion of my winter
creating a gardening resource website ( http://www.gardenlistings.com )
and I'd love some feedback. The site consists mostly original articles
and guides that I've put together.

Thanks,
Tim
http://www.gardenlistings.com

Your home page requires horizontal scrolling to read. This is very
annoying.

That same page has 76 HTML errors (reported by
http://validator.w3.org/) and 18 style-sheet errors (reported by
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/). According to Watchfire's
WebXACT (at http://webxact.watchfire.com/ScanForm.aspx), that page has
10 instances of violations of W3C's basic level of Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines (WAI-A) and 68 instances of warnings of
possible violations.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
into your E-mail? Use PGP.
See my http://www.rossde.com/PGP/

John A. Keslick, Jr. 17-05-2006 12:27 AM

website feedback

--
Please consider adding some links to your sites.

KESLICK AND SON MODERN ARBORICULTURE
My resume is at http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/educat.html
Here are some links you may consider adding to your site. They are case
sensitive.

1. Techno Tree Biology Dictionary
http://www.treedictionary.com . Look up "logging".

2. Articles written by DR. ALEX L. SHIGO, one of the foremost authorities
worldwide on tree systems today online at
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/index.html

3. Literature Available by Dr. Shigo is he
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/treeinfo.html

4. Hard to get Documents
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...get/index.html

If you have any suggestions please let me know. 610-864-5251

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
that we are not the boss.

. ..