GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help Please ( pooling water) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143510-help-please-re-pooling-water.html)

[email protected] 04-05-2006 03:22 PM

Help Please ( pooling water)

I have a small problem with water pooling on the sidewalk in front of
my house. The area is about 3 feet long and sits between two beds. I
thought the problem was that the gutter was dumping right there and was
adding more water than the area could handle, well we rerouted the
water and after a storm last night the puddle was back although the
size had diminished a bit.

I am having work done on the yard right now so it is a good time to do
something. I just had the yard regraded and resodded. I was wondering
if I should put a catch basin in the bed on the lower side of the side
walk and hope that takes care of it.

Any other ideas?

Doug Kanter 04-05-2006 03:25 PM

Help Please ( pooling water)

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a small problem with water pooling on the sidewalk in front of
my house. The area is about 3 feet long and sits between two beds. I
thought the problem was that the gutter was dumping right there and was
adding more water than the area could handle, well we rerouted the
water and after a storm last night the puddle was back although the
size had diminished a bit.

I am having work done on the yard right now so it is a good time to do
something. I just had the yard regraded and resodded. I was wondering
if I should put a catch basin in the bed on the lower side of the side
walk and hope that takes care of it.

Any other ideas?

Is the sidewalk cupped in the middle?