GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Forsythia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143782-photo-week-forsythia.html)

Jack Schmidling 10-05-2006 12:57 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Forsythia

The Forsythia is an introduction from China and has been bred into
several different species. This one is probably F. intermedia but I am
not certain. It is a member of the Olive Family (Oleaceae).

Jack Schmidling

Ann 15-05-2006 10:40 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Forsythia

Jack Schmidling expounded:

The Forsythia is an introduction from China and has been bred into
several different species. This one is probably F. intermedia but I am
not certain. It is a member of the Olive Family (Oleaceae).

The forsythia picture is nice, but the Boys story through the Fiber
story is fascinating. I love it all, especially the ash buttons! Oh,
to have the time to indulge in learning and experimenting like that...
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts