Old 16-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Dave Fouchey

Default ******it's******snowing!*******

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:30:46 GMT, "Shadow"
wrote:

Good grief. It started at around 4:00 a.m. and already we have about a
foot. It's not supposed to stop until Monday.

Waaaah! I want spring!

Don't feel too bad. I have a 5' tall Pontentillia in my backyard. It's
buried.

:-)

Does that mean we can "Blame Canada" for the Snow? G

Say Ya To Da UP

Dave Michigan

Old 16-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Fred Garvin

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:14:22 -0500, Betsy wrote:

Good grief. It started at around 4:00 a.m. and already we have about a
foot. It's not supposed to stop until Monday.

Waaaah! I want spring!

Betsy in (under?) Baltimore

They say we're going to get a foot in N.Y., man I'm SICK of this stuff.
Old 16-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Judy and Dave G

Yes, thank Gawd!

Anyone remember the past few years? When it warmed up in January. And
everything started budding and coming up. And then it froze in March?
Everytime a family member complains about the snow and cold - I say yes,
thank goodness, it has stopped the lilac from blooming.

Judy

Old 16-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Dave Fouchey

Exactly right, I am very grateful for the cold January and February
this year, has provided a fair amount of Ice Cover in the Great Lakes.
This should slow down the warm up this spring and permit the Apple and
Cherry Trees to bloom normally and not suffer a 95% crop failure of
cherries again this year..

Dave Fouchey
Michigan

Old 16-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Betsy

Now THAT'S downright scary.

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

Old 17-02-2003, 01:51 AM

In , on 02/16/03
at 11:14 AM, "Betsy" -0 said:

Good grief. It started at around 4:00 a.m. and already we have about a
foot. It's not supposed to stop until Monday.

Waaaah! I want spring!

Betsy in (under?) Baltimore

About 20 inches so far in Pikesville, it appears. Less at the official
recording station at BWI.

Alan

**** Please use address to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564

Old 17-02-2003, 02:03 AM
NAearthMOM

We're expecting 18" - 2' pf snow here in Long Island, biggest storm since
1978.
Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Old 17-02-2003, 02:27 AM
Betsy

You've never laughed so hard until you've seen a collie reject the path
you've shoveled for him and go bounding through the snow--which is just
about above his head--like a porpoise. Or a beached whale. Take your pick.

wrote in message
ganews.com...

Old 17-02-2003, 03:27 AM
Ann

Dave Fouchey expounded:

Exactly right, I am very grateful for the cold January and February
this year, has provided a fair amount of Ice Cover in the Great Lakes.
This should slow down the warm up this spring and permit the Apple and
Cherry Trees to bloom normally and not suffer a 95% crop failure of
cherries again this year..

Unfortunately we had no snowcover last month when we were so close to
(and below) zero for so long. At least this time we've got a good,
solid cover out there, with more on the way tomorrow. I'll take snow
all winter over ups and downs that heave my gardens to pieces!! )

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 17-02-2003, 03:39 AM

we dont have enough show for a mouse to bound thru. got a couple inches last week and
its gone already. everything looks nekked. Ingrid

"Betsy" -0 wrote
You've never laughed so hard until you've seen a collie reject the path
you've shoveled for him and go bounding through the snow--which is just
about above his head--like a porpoise. Or a beached whale. Take your pick.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 17-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:54:07 -0500, Ann wrote:

Dave Fouchey expounded:

Exactly right, I am very grateful for the cold January and February
this year, has provided a fair amount of Ice Cover in the Great Lakes.
This should slow down the warm up this spring and permit the Apple and
Cherry Trees to bloom normally and not suffer a 95% crop failure of
cherries again this year..

Unfortunately we had no snowcover last month when we were so close to
(and below) zero for so long. At least this time we've got a good,
solid cover out there, with more on the way tomorrow. I'll take snow
all winter over ups and downs that heave my gardens to pieces!! )

You and me both Ann, this has been almost a normal winter in these
parts which is a GOOD thing, not too warm giving the plants a chance
to rest and keeping them from budding out too soon...now if it only
continues. The only down side is that our snowfall is still below
normal, could use what you are getting now. Help replenish the soil
moisture and refill the lakes come spring thaws.

Right now the ground is frozen solid for a good 12-24" so frost
heaving hasn;t been as much of a problem this year. Last it looked
like a disc had been run through the yard!

Dave Fouchey
Sterling Heights, MI
Old 17-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Dave Fouchey

Same thing here in Southeastern Lower Michigan Ingrid. Cold as the
dickens but no snow cover...

Dave Fouchey
Sterling Heights, Michigan

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:27:09 GMT, wrote:

we dont have enough show for a mouse to bound thru. got a couple inches last week and
its gone already. everything looks nekked. Ingrid

"Betsy" -0 wrote
You've never laughed so hard until you've seen a collie reject the path
you've shoveled for him and go bounding through the snow--which is just
about above his head--like a porpoise. Or a beached whale. Take your pick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 17-02-2003, 05:15 AM
Wendy B G

Does that mean we can "Blame Canada" for the Snow? G

Actually, we can blame Texas for the snow! That's where the moisture came from.
The Canadian high is just sitt'n pretty, and minding its own business LOL!
Wendy
Wilmington, DE (was Zone 7, now in a "state of emergency")
Old 17-02-2003, 09:15 AM
gregpresley

I'm sympathetic to you all, but this year for the first time ever, Spokane
has had no snow that has stayed on the ground more than two days - and only
about 6 inches total for the entire winter. I am LOVING it. But the water
power producers are watching the mountains anxiously (we've gotten a lot of
rain in the lowlands, and in the mountains as well - instead of snow/rain
mix in the valleys and heavy snow in the mountains, which is the norm for
us). Today, rain and 45 degrees.
"Dave Fouchey" wrote in message
news
Same thing here in Southeastern Lower Michigan Ingrid. Cold as the
dickens but no snow cover...

Dave Fouchey
Sterling Heights, Michigan

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:27:09 GMT, wrote:

we dont have enough show for a mouse to bound thru. got a couple inches

last week and
its gone already. everything looks nekked. Ingrid

"Betsy" -0 wrote
You've never laughed so hard until you've seen a collie reject the path
you've shoveled for him and go bounding through the snow--which is just
about above his head--like a porpoise. Or a beached whale. Take your

pick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 17-02-2003, 02:51 PM

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:14:22 -0500, "Betsy" -0 wrote:
Good grief. It started at around 4:00 a.m. and already we have about a
foot. It's not supposed to stop until Monday.

Waaaah! I want spring!

Betsy in (under?) Baltimore

But isn't it great that the drought is over?