GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Uneven growth of new lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/144244-uneven-growth-new-lawn.html)

tenplay 17-05-2006 09:45 PM

Uneven growth of new lawn

About a month ago I planted a 10' x 10' patch of grass seed using a kit
that came with fertilizer. It seems to be coming along well and is
almost ready for its first mowing. However, I notice that the growth is
very uneven. Some areas have thicker growth while other areas are more
sparse. I wonder if spreading the seed mix my hand as instructed by the
enclosed directions is a cause, i.e. perhaps I should have used a
spreader. Is it all eventually going to even out or should I try to
reseed the thinner areas? I live in Western Washington. Thanks. Mike