GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clove Drop Carnations (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/14491-clove-drop-carnations.html)

Angela Coffey 10-04-2003 09:20 PM

Clove Drop Carnations

I saw some seeds in a catalog that were called Clove Drop Carnations. They
smell like cloves according to the write up. Does anyone know where I can
get some plants instead of just the seeds? I think they'd take a long time
to grow from seed, so I'd like some that are already close to blooming:)

Angie

Frogleg 11-04-2003 01:08 PM

Clove Drop Carnations

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:38:47 -0500, "Angela Coffey"
wrote:

I saw some seeds in a catalog that were called Clove Drop Carnations. They
smell like cloves according to the write up. Does anyone know where I can
get some plants instead of just the seeds? I think they'd take a long time
to grow from seed, so I'd like some that are already close to blooming:)

Don't most carnations smell like cloves?

This reference

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/seeds...ct_2784_2.html

says "will often flower first season". YMMV