GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   whisky barrels for plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/145457-whisky-barrels-plants.html)

martin 25-05-2006 06:19 PM

whisky barrels for plants

How can I treat a half-whisky barrel, to be used for plants, so the
barrel will not self destruct in a couple of years? Is there an
inexpensive, non-toxic oil or preservative that would help?

JoeSpareBedroom 25-05-2006 10:12 PM

whisky barrels for plants

"martin" wrote in message
oups.com...
How can I treat a half-whisky barrel, to be used for plants, so the
barrel will not self destruct in a couple of years? Is there an
inexpensive, non-toxic oil or preservative that would help?

Are these used barrels from actual wineries, or the kind you buy new at
garden centers and big box stores?

Nicole 26-05-2006 11:22 AM

whisky barrels for plants

If you purchase the ones from a nursery, home improvement store, etc, no
worries. My dad has had one for almost 20 years and it's fine.
oups.com...