Old 28-05-2006, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ron Hardin

Default Fringed Wildflower? Central Ohio

What's this wildflower? Central Ohio, woods

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59.jpg flower
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59a.jpg leaf

Blueish white, fringed petals, odd leaf.

It doesn't appear to be rare, just not in my Newcomb's Wildflower
Guide where I can find it.
--
Ron Hardin

Old 28-05-2006, 02:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
kate

Ron Hardin wrote:
What's this wildflower? Central Ohio, woods

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59.jpg flower
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59a.jpg leaf

Blueish white, fringed petals, odd leaf.

It doesn't appear to be rare, just not in my Newcomb's Wildflower
Guide where I can find it.

I don't know what it is, but I've got it growing here in Middle TN, full
sun. Comes back every year.

Kate
Old 28-05-2006, 03:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ron Hardin

kate wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:
What's this wildflower? Central Ohio, woods

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59.jpg flower
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59a.jpg leaf

Blueish white, fringed petals, odd leaf.

It doesn't appear to be rare, just not in my Newcomb's Wildflower
Guide where I can find it.

I don't know what it is, but I've got it growing here in Middle TN, full
sun. Comes back every year.

Kate

Seems to be Miami Mist (phacelia purshii), I am informed.

There's an unfringed version understandably named ``phacelia dubia''

--
Ron Hardin

Old 28-05-2006, 03:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
axemanchris

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
What's this wildflower? Central Ohio, woods

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59.jpg flower
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59a.jpg leaf

Blueish white, fringed petals, odd leaf.

It doesn't appear to be rare, just not in my Newcomb's Wildflower
Guide where I can find it.
--
Ron Hardin

According to my "Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers"
it is called 'Fringed Phacelia". It's range is said to be Virginia to
Alabama and it flowers in May & June. A very pretty little flower!!

Jacqui

Old 28-05-2006, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
kate

Ron Hardin wrote:
kate wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:

What's this wildflower? Central Ohio, woods

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59.jpg flower
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w59a.jpg leaf

Blueish white, fringed petals, odd leaf.

It doesn't appear to be rare, just not in my Newcomb's Wildflower
Guide where I can find it.

I don't know what it is, but I've got it growing here in Middle TN, full
sun. Comes back every year.

Kate

Seems to be Miami Mist (phacelia purshii), I am informed.

There's an unfringed version understandably named ``phacelia dubia''

lol - have you met Prunella vulgaris yet? One of my favorite names.

Kate