Old 17-02-2003, 03:51 PM
LeeAnne

Default NG Under Attack Again?

Hi all,

It seems we're under 'troll' attack again -- most of the dopes that are
posting the crap won't ever see this message so I just would like to send
out a friendly reminder to NOT respond to trolls (having myself responded to
one this morning in the birds group and then promptly regretting it!!).

Trolls suck and they only live by our responding to their asinine rantings.
Use your killfile, use your thread-kill/ignore feature and most of all . . .

Happy Gardening and Think Spring -- damn that groundhog.

LeeAnne
getting another foot of snow north of Boston today and tomorrow

--
------
If you're an insomniac, agnostic, dyslexic do you lay

Old 17-02-2003, 07:27 PM
animaux

That's because the rec.gardens troll cross posts in an inane battle of who can
be the better flamer. A title I am happy not having in my posession.

Victoria

Old 17-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Ann

"LeeAnne" expounded:

It seems we're under 'troll' attack again -- most of the dopes that are
posting the crap won't ever see this message so I just would like to send
out a friendly reminder to NOT respond to trolls (having myself responded to
one this morning in the birds group and then promptly regretting it!!).

Saw them, hit the 'Ignore' key and *poof* they all disappeared )

New people, listen to LeeAnne. Don't reply to trolls, they love it.
If you starve them, they'll go away.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 18-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Dwayne

What do you do for one that hasn't gone away, but sometimes has some good
information to give. This one is always trying to put people down when they
misspell something, or ask a question that he or she thinks is stupid.

I kind of pity this one. He or she must be hurting or very lonesome and
tries to overcome it by being a newsgroup corrector. Everyone makes
mistakes and has a need to know. The only stupid question is one that is
not asked.

Good luck. Dwayne

"LeeAnne" expounded:

Old 18-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Anonymo421

What do you do for one that hasn't gone away, but sometimes has some good
information to give. This one is always trying to put people down when they
misspell something, or ask a question that he or she thinks is stupid.

I kind of pity this one. He or she must be hurting or very lonesome and
tries to overcome it by being a newsgroup corrector. Everyone makes
mistakes and has a need to know. The only stupid question is one that is
not asked.

Good luck. Dwayne

Plop the ******* into your killfile and move on with life. There are plenty of
other people with good information out there.

Old 25-02-2003, 03:27 AM
Cereoid+10

Does Dwayne need a pity party just for him?

There is something on your computer called a spelling checker. Check it out!

The only stupid questions are those for which the asker already knows the
answer. Especially when they already include the answer in the question
itself. Why bother?

The ones who should be pitied are those who refuse to be open minded and
receptive to new ideas. Force yourself to think about it, Dwayne.

Dwayne wrote in message
What do you do for one that hasn't gone away, but sometimes has some good
information to give. This one is always trying to put people down when

they
misspell something, or ask a question that he or she thinks is stupid.

I kind of pity this one. He or she must be hurting or very lonesome and
tries to overcome it by being a newsgroup corrector. Everyone makes
mistakes and has a need to know. The only stupid question is one that is
not asked.

Good luck. Dwayne

"LeeAnne" expounded: