GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daffodils After The Bloom (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/145609-daffodils-after-bloom.html)

rw 29-05-2006 01:48 PM

Daffodils After The Bloom

We live in new england (zone 5) and have some daffodils in our
landscape. They have bloomed and lost there flowers. Is there any
suggested ways to cleanup or cover the leftover foliage without
impacting next year's bloom?

http://www.addieryan.com/temp/2006DafMess.JPG

Thanks, rw

Not@home 29-05-2006 04:10 PM

Daffodils After The Bloom

My mother just left them alone until the foliage died; my wife folds the
foliage over and ties it with one leaf, then pulls the foliage when it
has died. Both ways work well; my wife's way gives a neater appearance.

[email protected] 29-05-2006 04:56 PM

Daffodils After The Bloom

overplant with hostas in shade and peonies in sun. Ingrid

"rw" wrote:

We live in new england (zone 5) and have some daffodils in our
landscape. They have bloomed and lost there flowers. Is there any
suggested ways to cleanup or cover the leftover foliage without
impacting next year's bloom?

http://www.addieryan.com/temp/2006DafMess.JPG

Thanks, rw

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at