GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Best way to propergate Gloxinia leaf (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/145705-best-way-propergate-gloxinia-leaf.html)

Boothbay 31-05-2006 01:24 AM

Best way to propergate Gloxinia leaf

I tried snipping the large leaf into a smaller size and put it in
water. I've had success like this with african violets and other
gloxinia..but this one just rotted. Maybe because I clipped the leaf to
a smaller size?

zxcvbob 31-05-2006 01:33 AM

Boothbay wrote:
I tried snipping the large leaf into a smaller size and put it in
water. I've had success like this with african violets and other
gloxinia..but this one just rotted. Maybe because I clipped the leaf to
a smaller size?

I've not done this, but I think I read a long time ago that you slice
across the major veins in the leaf from the bottom, and then lay the
leaf on top of moist potting soil and cover with a plastic bag tent.
The baby plants form at the cut sites.

Best regards,
Bob