GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More Deer Repellent Q's... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/145881-more-deer-repellent-qs.html)

BB 03-06-2006 03:13 AM

More Deer Repellent Q's...

Just discovered munched (and missing!) leaves on my fruit trees (Peach,
Apple and Cherry). I assume it's from doe-eyed deer. After reading around
the internet, I decided to mix up some, uh, rotten egg water (1 egg/1
gallon of water) with peppers (significant amounts [1/2 cup each?] of
freshly ground black pepper corns, ground red pepper flakes, paprika and
chili powder). It's now sitting on the front porch putrifying.

I suddenly got worried a bit ago that the peppers' oils would damage the
(very few) leaves left on the trees. Will spraying this concoction on the
leaves damage them? Will it, as a side benefit, kill the peach leaf curl?
Can I use it as a seasoning for venison?

--Bryan

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *

Myrl Jeffcoat 03-06-2006 05:16 AM

More Deer Repellent Q's...

Brian-
I would remove the egg from that recipe of your's, and add 1/2 cup of
brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of worsestershire sauce, 1 can of tomato
sauce, and 3 tablespoons of garlic salt.

I'd use it as a barbeque sauce for the Venison.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

fudge 03-06-2006 06:54 PM

More Deer Repellent Q's...

Eat them.........They taste real good. I have tried everything and execution
works the best. I have had limited results with dog crap.

Farmer John

Mel M Kelly 03-06-2006 09:46 PM

More Deer Repellent Q's...

Shotgun slug is the best I have found. The buzzards need something to
eat too.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley