GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Adding electric start to petrol lawn mower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/145904-adding-electric-start-petrol-lawn-mower.html)

[email protected] 03-06-2006 05:37 PM

Adding electric start to petrol lawn mower

my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

thanks
Frank

sockiescat 04-06-2006 01:30 AM

]my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

thanks
Frank

frank what i would do is contact a small engines mechanic and ask him.
u might even be able to adapt the mower so that it can be started with a key like some rototillers are. good luck, sockiescat.

Kay Lancaster 04-06-2006 03:42 AM

Adding electric start to petrol lawn mower

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

Pull-cord starts on small gas engines and I don't get along either.
There are starter kits for various small engines (e.g.:
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/tecstarterkits.cfm)

My solution is simply to buy a mower with an electric start, sell the other.

Kay