GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dark Spots on Tomato Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/145959-dark-spots-tomato-plants.html)

brsher 04-06-2006 05:52 PM

Dark Spots on Tomato Plants

I have what looks like small specs of black dirt on the stems of my tomato
plants. Does anyone know if this is some type of
insect infestation? It's on the beefstake, but not the cherry tomatoes.

Mark Taylor 04-06-2006 07:13 PM

Dark Spots on Tomato Plants

brsher wrote:
I have what looks like small specs of black dirt on the stems of my tomato
plants. Does anyone know if this is some type of
insect infestation? It's on the beefstake, but not the cherry tomatoes.

I found this post on another fourm and thought it might be helpful to
you.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...7eff08fc3aad51

Post back and let us know what you find out. I for one would be very
interested.

HTH

Mark