GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bell pepper/pinch back? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/145984-bell-pepper-pinch-back.html)

Michael 05-06-2006 02:12 PM

Bell pepper/pinch back?

Every year I try to grow bell peppers here in Indiana and
I get very slow growth although I feed...plenty of sunshine etc.

I think what I'm doing wrong is I'm getting these plants that are 6 - 7" and
are already starting to flower and produce baby peppers.

During the early months, should you pinch back the flowers until the plant
itself has established well?

If so, how long?....till mid July maybe?

Mel-Donnie Kelly 05-06-2006 02:25 PM

Bell pepper/pinch back?

Bell peppers are slow say compared to tomatoes. That is why when you get
red or yellow peppers at the store they are priced a lot higher than
green ones. It took all season to grow them. I don't pinch back mine and
they do OK. Last year I got 2 plants at wal-Mart and they didn't grow
hardly all season but the ones I got at the local Greenhouse did OK.
Don't buy plants at the big box stores.

Mel & Donnie down in Bluebird Valley In the middle of beautiful down
town Yountsville. Managers of the water works.
http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/doc

http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/MelDonniesBluebird