GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gerbera daisy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/146014-gerbera-daisy.html)

Tony Pacc 05-06-2006 06:28 PM

Gerbera daisy

Do Gerbera daisy's need some special fertilizer,mine don't seem to be doing
so good ,they have full sun most of the day.I tried Miracle grow ,don't see
much better.

Mindful 05-06-2006 07:40 PM

Gerbera daisy

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
Do Gerbera daisy's need some special fertilizer,mine don't seem to be
doing
so good ,they have full sun most of the day.I tried Miracle grow ,don't
see
much better.

Don't forget to keep them moist. They don't like to dry out.

yeti 05-06-2006 07:43 PM

Gerbera daisy

Tony Pacc wrote:
Do Gerbera daisy's need some special fertilizer,mine don't seem to be doing
so good ,they have full sun most of the day.I tried Miracle grow ,don't see
much better.

I don't use any fertilizer at all and mine are doing fine - the soil
was amended and I use cedar mulch. I have found I've always had to
make sure they were well watered...mine haven't tolerated dry
conditions that well.

Sue
Apex, NC
(zone 7b)

gardennut 05-06-2006 11:47 PM

Gerbera daisy

They like to be evenly moist. Too wet, they rot. Too dry, they wilt.
They're a pain to me.