GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What are these? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/146106-what-these.html)

Mama Bear 07-06-2006 03:40 AM

What are these?

I planted this ground cover last year and it didn't do much, but is going
bonkers now. Anyone know what it is? I should have marked it but I think
the marker got lost somewhere.

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/photos/R...20flowers1.JPG

--
- Mama Bear

JoeSpareBedroom 07-06-2006 04:09 AM

What are these?

"Mama Bear" wrote in message
I planted this ground cover last year and it didn't do much, but is going
bonkers now. Anyone know what it is? I should have marked it but I think
the marker got lost somewhere.

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/photos/R...20flowers1.JPG

--
- Mama Bear

Does your camera have a macro (closeup) setting? It would help. There's no
detail whatsoever in that picture. If you can do a closeup, rest the camera
on an immovable object, like a brick or pile of books, and use the self
timer.

Kanter Banter 07-06-2006 11:43 AM

What are these?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"Mama Bear" wrote in message
I planted this ground cover last year and it didn't do much, but is going
bonkers now. Anyone know what it is? I should have marked it but I think
the marker got lost somewhere.

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/photos/R...20flowers1.JPG

--
- Mama Bear

Does your camera have a macro (closeup) setting? It would help. There's no
detail whatsoever in that picture. If you can do a closeup, rest the
camera
on an immovable object, like a brick or pile of books, and use the self
timer.

Why Doug? Your clueless pea brain still won't have a clue as to what plant
is in the picture, dummy.

JoeSpareBedroom 07-06-2006 02:35 PM

What are these?

Neither do you, ****.

Seamus 07-06-2006 06:15 PM

What are these?

Crown Vetch ? http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/esadocs/corovari.html

Mama Bear 08-06-2006 03:51 AM

What are these?

"Seamus" wrote :

Mama Bear wrote:
I planted this ground cover last year and it didn't do much, but is
going bonkers now. Anyone know what it is? I should have marked it
but I think the marker got lost somewhere.

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/photos/R...%20flowers1.JP

- Mama Bear

Crown Vetch ? http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/esadocs/corovari.html

Dianthus actually. Thanks Madgardener! :)

--
- Mama Bear

I Love Lucy 08-06-2006 03:51 AM

What are these?

"Mama Bear" wrote in message
I planted this ground cover last year and it didn't do much, but is
going
bonkers now. Anyone know what it is? I should have marked it but I
think
the marker got lost somewhere.

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/photos/R...20flowers1.JPG

Could it be creeping red sedum? I didn't know, just tried to find
something that fit that description as a ground cover.

http://www.directgardening.com/detai...v=gcv&pid=7036

I can't tell if it is the same as yours or not; the blooms are a little
more abundant on the sample than yours.

--
- Mama Bear