GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   webs on rosemary (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/146208-webs-rosemary.html)

Anony moose 08-06-2006 03:47 PM

webs on rosemary

The rosemary I recently potted isn't doing well. It's leaves are losing
color and there appears to be some webbing covering the stems. Assuming it's
an insect, but not sure what it is or how to handle it. Soapy water spray?
I'm in the AZ desert, btw.
Karen

JoeSpareBedroom 08-06-2006 06:27 PM

webs on rosemary

"Anony moose" wrote in message
The rosemary I recently potted isn't doing well. It's leaves are losing
color and there appears to be some webbing covering the stems. Assuming
it's an insect, but not sure what it is or how to handle it. Soapy water
spray? I'm in the AZ desert, btw.
Karen

Some bugs only come along for a short time each season. I'd try blasting the
plant from below with the garden hose sprayer. If a couple of weeks go by
and you're still having problems, then look for another solution.

Mindful 09-06-2006 01:40 AM

webs on rosemary

"Anony moose" wrote in message
The rosemary I recently potted isn't doing well. It's leaves are losing
color and there appears to be some webbing covering the stems. Assuming
it's an insect, but not sure what it is or how to handle it. Soapy water
spray? I'm in the AZ desert, btw.
Karen

That sounds like spider mites. Spray the plant with hot water. That should
remove most of them. Repeat every few days until mites and webs are gone.

sockiescat 09-06-2006 02:48 AM

JoeSpareBedroom "Anony moose" wrote in message
The rosemary I recently potted isn't doing well. It's leaves are losing
color and there appears to be some webbing covering the stems. Assuming
it's an insect, but not sure what it is or how to handle it. Soapy water
spray? I'm in the AZ desert, btw.
Karen

Some bugs only come along for a short time each season. I'd try blasting the
plant from below with the garden hose sprayer. If a couple of weeks go by
and you're still having problems, then look for another solution.

if it looks like webbing u might have spider mites. take a peek on the stems themselves use a magnifying glass if u have to and look to see if u might have tiny little spiders crawling around on your rosemary.
if u do then i would hit them with the water as was mentioned and wait to see what happens then if they come back just treat with soapy water spray as u had originally thought. spider mites sure do not like soap and water lol.
good luck. cyaaaaa, sockiescat:).