GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help! identifying this plant/tree pics included (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/146249-help-identifying-plant-tree-pics-included.html)

sidiousfidious 09-06-2006 04:17 PM

help! identifying this plant/tree pics included

Hi All,

I just got this plant yesterday. It was given to someone I know 12
years ago and was apparently "tiny" then. All its lower
leaves have died recently and the owner gave it to me as they think
its unsightly now.
I moved into a new and bigger pot because the old ove was v small, I
figured this may have caused it to wither.
I was in a chinese resaturant last night and they had a very similar
plant, but with all its leaves pruned except for the lush green at
the top. v. similar.
but I just want to check what kind of plant/tree it is so that I can
look up the proper care, watering and/or pruning instructions.

Thanking y'all in adavance

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephe...cd.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephe...cd.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephe...cd.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephe...cd.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephe...cd.jpg&.src=ph

hope photos display correctly. they're bad quality.
cheers.

sidiousfidious 10-06-2006 02:55 AM

help! identifying this plant/tree pics included

Its about 5.5 foot high now if that helps.

any ideas?