Old 15-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Registered User

Default Urgent honeysuckle help-scorched!! Need help today!

I need some urgent help. I have a honeysuckle plant (lonicera hall's prolific) in the back yard that I haven't re-potted yet and is climbing up my trellis.

While we were away this weekend and it was hot, the poor thing got pretty scorched and I'm not sure what to do to help it out!
The first thing I did was to water with baby bio on tuesday early morning while it was cool, but it still hasn't revived and I'm wondering what else I can do?

Re-pot it?
Use something to revive it?
Please help as I don't klnow if it will last another day!!!
Old 15-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Registered User

Smile

hakakahn I need some urgent help. I have a honeysuckle plant (lonicera hall's prolific) in the back yard that I haven't re-potted yet and is climbing up my trellis.

While we were away this weekend and it was hot, the poor thing got pretty scorched and I'm not sure what to do to help it out!
The first thing I did was to water with baby bio on tuesday early morning while it was cool, but it still hasn't revived and I'm wondering what else I can do?

Re-pot it?
Use something to revive it?
Please help as I don't klnow if it will last another day!!!

sounds like u have one fried honeysuckle vine but u might still be able to revive it .
here is a link that i think might help u it gives u lots of info on what to do.
good luck. cyaaaa, sockiescat.
http://ag.arizona.edu/gardening/news/articles/13.5.html
Old 15-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered User

sounds like u have one fried honeysuckle vine but u might still be able to revive it .
here is a link that i think might help u it gives u lots of info on what to do.
good luck. cyaaaa, sockiescat.
http://ag.arizona.edu/gardening/news/articles/13.5.html[/quote]

Thanks for the link, it looks like I may have to let it go tho, unless I can find a little life inside the plant, will have a look tonite. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!!
Any other ideas will be gladly appreciated, I don't wanna chuck it!!
Old 15-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered User

Thanks for the link, it looks like I may have to let it go tho, unless I can find a little life inside the plant, will have a look tonite. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!!
Any other ideas will be gladly appreciated, I don't wanna chuck it!![/quote]

There is some green life in there, so I cut off the dead and watered it. Will now wait and see. Not sure whether to re-pot it yet, will maybe wait until it's a bit healthier?
Old 16-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Registered User

Smile

hakakahn Thanks for the link, it looks like I may have to let it go tho, unless I can find a little life inside the plant, will have a look tonite. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!!
Any other ideas will be gladly appreciated, I don't wanna chuck it!![/quote]

There is some green life in there, so I cut off the dead and watered it. Will now wait and see. Not sure whether to re-pot it yet, will maybe wait until it's a bit healthier?

did u water it using the dishsoap and water as advised in the link if not it would be a good idea to do so .
i wouldnt repot it as of yet it went under a lot of stress being scorched so best to wait awhile and see what happens. keeping fingers and toes crossed for ya . good luck. cyaaaa, sockiescat.

[IMG] code is On

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 03:57 AM
SCORCHED LAWN Steve Davies United Kingdom 8 05-05-2007 08:26 AM
need help with scorched winter lawn [email protected] Lawns 4 08-01-2006 01:01 PM
Scorched moby Lawns 1 22-07-2005 03:47 PM
Scorched Lawn Due to overfeeding. SARAH United Kingdom 3 27-04-2003 10:20 AM