GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pepper Plant dying - Help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/146520-pepper-plant-dying-help.html)

[email protected] 15-06-2006 04:47 PM

Pepper Plant dying - Help

I have planted egg plants. Some how one pepper plant seed got mixed and
was growing very close to one egg plant. Both are almost 5 inches tall.

Last evening, I was trying to move the pepper plant,I saw that both
plants roots were almost tied. I could separate and plant the egg
plant. By the time I planted the pepper plant, their leaves facing down
and I felt its almost died (This happened in about 5 to 10 min). This
morning also the peper plant still in same position. like main branch
and all leaves almost toching the ground.

Does my pepper plant is dying? I am worried.

Thx

JoeSpareBedroom 15-06-2006 04:55 PM

Pepper Plant dying - Help

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have planted egg plants. Some how one pepper plant seed got mixed and
was growing very close to one egg plant. Both are almost 5 inches tall.

Last evening, I was trying to move the pepper plant,I saw that both
plants roots were almost tied. I could separate and plant the egg
plant. By the time I planted the pepper plant, their leaves facing down
and I felt its almost died (This happened in about 5 to 10 min). This
morning also the peper plant still in same position. like main branch
and all leaves almost toching the ground.

Does my pepper plant is dying? I am worried.

Thx

It could be dying. Only your observations will tell you. If this happens
again, use an extremely sharp knife to slice between the roots of the two
plants. And, never transplant things when the sun is high.

Garwood 15-06-2006 05:12 PM

Pepper Plant dying - Help

It is not looking good for you pepper plant. There still may be a
"little" hope. Cover the plant so it is in the shade and not getting
direct sun, however, don't keep it in complete darkness. If you have a
small footstool or something, I would put it over the pepper plants so
it is getting light from the sides but not direct, harsh full sun.
Second thing, keep it very, very well watered.

With some luck, it might pull through.

Carl 1 Lucky Texan 15-06-2006 11:09 PM

Pepper Plant dying - Help

wrote:

I have planted egg plants. Some how one pepper plant seed got mixed and
was growing very close to one egg plant. Both are almost 5 inches tall.

Last evening, I was trying to move the pepper plant,I saw that both
plants roots were almost tied. I could separate and plant the egg
plant. By the time I planted the pepper plant, their leaves facing down
and I felt its almost died (This happened in about 5 to 10 min). This
morning also the peper plant still in same position. like main branch
and all leaves almost toching the ground.

Does my pepper plant is dying? I am worried.

Thx

Pull off all but 2-4 newest leaves. If the roots have been compromised,
it cannot move enough water to transpire all those leaves.

Might be too late.

good luck

Carl

--