GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Zealand Flax/trimming it back? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/146668-new-zealand-flax-trimming-back.html)

Don Williams 18-06-2006 07:53 PM

New Zealand Flax/trimming it back?

Hello

I have a couple of New Zealand Flax's and they were here when we moved
here about 3 years ago....I think they were planted a little before we
moved into here...I like them but the long leaves/stalks are starting to
droop and i guess its past time i trimmed it back....Any ideas onto how
much i ought to trim it....Just the dropping leaves or pretty much cut
back the whole thing. Any ideas.....Might be a dumb question...But i am
new to this. Thanks

Willy 19-06-2006 12:59 PM

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:53:00 -0700, Don Williams wrote:

Hello

I have a couple of New Zealand Flax's and they were here when we moved
here about 3 years ago....I think they were planted a little before we
moved into here...I like them but the long leaves/stalks are starting to
droop and i guess its past time i trimmed it back....Any ideas onto how
much i ought to trim it....Just the dropping leaves or pretty much cut
back the whole thing. Any ideas.....Might be a dumb question...But i am
new to this. Thanks

I really have no answer for you on this.
What I was wondering is.... would it be possible to get some seeds from you?
Also what type New Zealand flax is it?
Thank you.