Old 27-06-2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brenda Hammond

Default rose bush leaves being eaten

I have 8 rose bushes and they all have the same problem. Many of the leaves
are being eaten, all that is left is the veins. Can someone tell me what it
is that is most likely doing the damage and how should I treat it?

Thanks in advance,

Brenda

Old 27-06-2006, 04:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R

Brenda Hammond wrote:

I have 8 rose bushes and they all have the same problem. Many of the leaves
are being eaten, all that is left is the veins. Can someone tell me what it
is that is most likely doing the damage and how should I treat it?

Thanks in advance,

Brenda

Brenda,

Try this site:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...1019254.html?3
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 28-06-2006, 01:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

Brenda Hammond wrote:
I have 8 rose bushes and they all have the same problem. Many of the leaves
are being eaten, all that is left is the veins. Can someone tell me what it
is that is most likely doing the damage and how should I treat it?

Thanks in advance,

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

My rose bushes are also being eaten at the moment. In my case, Japanese
beetles are attacking the plant, eating the blooms as well as the
leaves. I would recommend that you check your rose bushes very
carefully to try to locate one of the culprits. If it is caterpillars
you should be able to find some. The japanese beetles on my roses are
VERY active during the day when it's hot and dry. If you see them -
they are unmistakable. Here is a link to a site that can help you
identify whether it actually is a japanese beetle or not:
http://www.easyplantcare.com/

Once you identify what is causing the damage let me know and I will try
to recommend something!