GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gray fungus/mushroom (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/14737-gray-fungus-mushroom.html)

Purchgdss 13-04-2003 04:08 AM

Gray fungus/mushroom

K Wizards..... Need your help. Really funky mushroom/fungus growing on the
north side of the house in my shade garden. It started against the foundation
but seems to be spreading. Don't know if I should freak or not.

It's dark gray and kinda vertically fan shaped. Actually, one clump is
starting to look like a brain. Even the slugs (who LOVE mushrooms, btw) won't
touch it. Rolly pollies avoid it.

It has begun to spread along the house foundation and is showing up under my
lenten roses. If it's benign, no problem, I'll just leave it be BUT if it's a
death knell for my babies, we're going to war.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine

Cereoid-XXX 13-04-2003 07:44 AM

Gray fungus/mushroom